Still today, many people do not understand the truth behind the Ten Commandment issue that Judge Roy Moore–then Alabama’s Chief Supreme Court Justice(who had won in a landslide)–had to make his stand on. This is such an important issue and trying to summarize it this way may not do it justice. Please follow these steps to understand.
1. Read Joshua 4:6 and see for yourself (if you are a believer in God) that Judge Moore was only doing what is right with the Ten Commandments Monument. Joshua set up a memorial too with stones as God ordained. It is no different than decorating the US Supreme Court with a statue of Moses holding the Ten Commandments (the only one facing as if he is watching.) All in all to remember–in Joshua’s case to remember where the nation’s guidance came from which the Ten Commandments Monument would have done the same.
2. Judge Roy Moore knows the US Constitution like the back of his hand–after all that was his job (a lot better than you or me.) He was not breaking the law when he set in place the Ten Commandments Monument.
3. Judge Myron Thompson over-reachedwhen he ordered Judge Roy Moore to take the monument down. It would be like making the Supreme Court tear down the monument of Moses with the Ten Commandments that is in the U.S. Supreme Court Building now–Myron Thompson does not have that kind of authority.
4. The acknowledgment of God is what was at stake and Bill Pryor knew it and Judge Moore knew it at the hearing. (You may have caved in–if you are not a Christian–but a true Christian knows he can’t be just a Christian inside his heart–the Bible clearly states there is a consequence for denying it before men.)
5. Listen to the Radio Show for 6-11-09 titled Feelings vs The Law and get an insight to the truth. God’s word say my people perish for lack of knowledge. We must learn the truth so we can choose wisely the leaders that are worthy of our trust. Men with the caliber of the Founding Fathers–who will take a stand for you and me for what is right and will build a legacy of truthand not destroy it.
6. Read the Constitution and the truth about the First Amendment–click here
7. Armed with the truth–share it and let’s set this state–this nation–back on the track the Founding Fathers wanted it to be–a blessing for us all. The Founding Fathers knew that true Christians (that followed God) would lead the nation well–after all they had seen the leading of men--it was called tyranny!