Loss of Local Control Through School Board=Tyranny--Share The Problems Of Common Core With Your Local School Boards
Here are some tips for parents who have found out the truth about common core and would like to speak to their School Board members:
1. Watch this video to help you remember why you can not give up--you are saving children from harm--hear this testimony from clinical social worker on how it is affecting children and teachers.
Complete Hearing--worth watching--thank God for Stop Common Core in NY (stopccssinnys.com)
2. Let school board members realize the writer of Common Core--Achieve and its then Pres. had the demise of the authority of local school boards in mind as they "just get in the way"...
MR. GERSTNER: I’m going to say to the president-elect that the fundamental thing we have to do is change the governance model and accountability and execution model for education in this country. And what I’m going to suggest is that he convene the 50 governors, and the first thing they do is they abolish the 16,000 school districts we have in the United States. Sixteen thousand school districts are what we’re trying to cram this reform through.
Now, when I took over IBM I found I had 81 profit centers. Oh my God: How am I going to create change with 81 profit centers? How’d you like to create change with 16,000 profit centers? These organizations stand in the way of what we want to do.
Now, the governors could decide, we’ll keep them as advisory, we can keep them as community support, but they will not be involved in the fundamental direction of public education in America. Second, this group of governors will then select 50 school districts, plus I’d say 20 major cities, so we got 70 school districts. Seventy instead of 16,000.
They will within one year develop a national set of standards for math, science, reading and social studies. Twelve months after that they will develop a national testing regime, so that there’ll be one day in America where every third, sixth, ninth and twelfth grader will take a national test against a national curriculum.
3. Give each school board member copy of audio CD (here's link you can download and make copy of from our interviews). Make copy of list of speakers on audio from here.
4. Give them also a copy of this brochure
send them postcards individually (am working on one that can be -mailed to your local printshops -Office Depot etc.)
5. Bring a friend with you when you go talk to your school board member (it is always good to have a witness.)
6. Get community prayer partners--see this link to educate pastor and church.
7. Pray and share this with teachers and maybe they will give a testimony at a meeting (even a handwritten testimony would be good.)
8. Ask other concerned parents to contact their local school board members and come together to present your concerns at a school board meeting. Help educate them as most are hearing only one side of the story.
9. Cover actions with lots of prayer and with God all things are possible.