"Interview with a Clinical Mental Health Therapist"--on YouTube -Excerpts on Common Core :
- Risk of this type of approach could seriously set the mental health resilience of children back 50 years because the concept they advocate are opposed to the research used now.
- Children are being taught to think and use words that have high emotional impact that gives biggest reaction creates anger, competition, resentment (negative).
- Children's reasoning abilities won't be finished 'til age 24. What is finished is their primitive part, the limbic system, part that engage when we feel threatened, shamed.
- What we should be doing for children is not training them in the limbic system with emotionally charged activity.
- Greatest fear with this curriculum is they are teaching children in the emotional activity part of the brain which doesn't think. The person who is there most of their day is very emotionally reactive and will therefore be easily manipulated and all one has to do is trigger their fear, anger, resentment and they react because there is not great thought process there (it is fight or flight).
- The idea that students should get together and that group think is source of truth--a real problem as group think is extremely volatile. Group think is extemely pressurizing and give great value to conformity than independence and individual thought.
- We need to use the research we know and not ignore it or trash it as Common Core is doing as these facts are important to the teaching of children.
- We will rear generation that is not just more vulnerable to emotional stress, emotional challenges but is very easily manipulated. It just takes one trigger and you have a national mob-that is being motivated by anger and revenge-very easily manipulated.
- In contrast a generation that knows how to think independently--they are free because they aren't easily manipulated.
Common Core can destroy our freedoms from within. Please act--start by researching yourself and then ask your Pastors, Churches to share knowledge and may God help us all.
Mathew 18:6 But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in and cleave to me to stumble and sin-- who entices or hinders him in the right conduct or thought—it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be sunk in the depth of the sea.
Ezekiel 22:30 states: “And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before ME for the land, that I should not destroy it; But I Found NONE…
Hopefully you will help and stand in the gap...please share that others will too.