Upon watching this video, I pray every parent will say a prayer asking God for eyes to see where the path they are choosing will lead. Ask as David did "Is there not a cause?"
Watch this video of one of the leaders of Alabama's demeanor about parents attempts to tell what is going on-http://youtu.be/dsZmYLBKn20
Apparently Del Marsh cannot connect the dots. Can citizens please help him!
WE citizens have some basic charges upon those with the mindset of Del Marsh that promotes the Common Core Standards Initiative.
1. We know the State of Alabama signed on before standards were even published---wrong foundation and should have been illegal. Texas Superintendent Robert Scott knew that and would not sign on his state.
2. The Common Core Standards are owned by outsiders...Alabama law forbids that we fund it when we don't have absolute control.
3. Since it is not owned by Alabama--there is no recourse for parents.
4. Parents should be who the education system is to work for. Education System is to help the parents of Alabama's children in deciding the future of their children. The legislators are accountable to the parents not the businesses in making a "workforce".
5. The untested, unproven standards are guaranteed to harm students as 20% of each classrom has children with mental health problems and increasing the stress with these (developed without help from mental health experts etc.) will hurt the most vulnerable.
6. Even though the State Superintendent insists we are no longer under Common Core--the ESEA Flexibility Application (NCLB waiver) proves Alabama's College and Career Ready Standards include the Common Core see excerpt:
November 18, 2010, Alabama joined 40 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands in adopting the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in Mathematics and English Language Arts (ELA). The adoption by the Alabama State Board of Education (SBOE) incorporated selected Alabama standards with those in the Common Core to create a set of internationally benchmarked college-and career-readiness standards that will prepare students for a future in the ever-expanding global environment. These standards are known as the Alabama College-and Career-Ready Standards (CCRS).
The Truth is out and parents in Alabama and all over the country (the board of the New York state teachers union unanimously withdrew its support for the Common Core standards) are finding the truth and rising to defend the children. We hereby petition our Governor and legislators to help parents reclaim their God-given rights. Read this article and protect it...
For parents that agree--please fax the above request to your Governor and legislator and ask for their help. If none given, find those who will. Our children and their future must not be put aside for electioneering!!! We need our Legislature to do their job now. Please share the truth and awaken others.
Per Abraham Lincoln--
The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.